The mission of the San Diego County Football Officials Association is as follows:
- To maintain the highest standards of football officiating,
- To provide the means for a correct and consistent interpretation of the football rules,
- To develop the most effective and efficient mechanics and football philosophies,
- To develop new officials at the Youth and High School level,then educate and mentor them with the highest standards of ethics,
- To promote close professional relationships among our members,
- To secure cooperation and understanding throughout the entire interscholastic community to include: (inter-scholastic and youth football athletic officers, sportswriters, coaches, players, and officials),
- To further the interests of football by fostering the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play.
We are also a source to cultivate and maintain relationships within the global community by sponsoring and contributing to youth football fund, scholarship fund and other community involvement.