The purpose of the Association shall be to provide quality football officiating service, to maintain and strive to improve the service through an education and training program; to promote fair play and sportsmanship among people involved in football contests; and, to encourage good fellowship among members of the Association and others interested in football.
The mission of the San Diego County Football Officials Association is as follows:
- To maintain the highest standards of football officiating,
- To provide the means for a correct and consistent interpretation of the football rules,
- To develop the most effective and efficient mechanics and football philosophies,
- To develop new football officials at the Youth and High School level, then educate and mentor them with the highest standards of ethics,
- To promote close professional relationships among our members,
- To secure cooperation and understanding throughout the entire interscholastic community to include: (inter-scholastic and youth football athletic officers, sportswriters, coaches, players, and officials),
- To further the interests of football by fostering the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play.
We are also a source to cultivate and maintain relationships within the global community by sponsoring and contributing to youth football fund, scholarship fund and other community involvement.
Membership shall be available to any person interested in football officiating provided he/she fulfills the requirements of membership and has complied with the ethical standards of the Association.
Board of Directors
The Association is run by a 12-member Board of Directors, elected by the Certified members, with 4 new directors taking office each year and serving a 3-year term. The President is elected by the Board.