SAN DIEGO COUNTY FOOTBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION, INC.
A Federal Non Profit Tax Exempt Corporation
The Weekly Bull – 8/13/08
- Food For Thought
- Finish Federation Qualification Exam Part I (Review Rules 6-10)
- Adjourn 8:30
- Federation Qualification Exam Quiz – Next meeting - August 27th – Again, 70% correct passes. Good luck!
- 1st year, 2nd year and NCAA will meet next week August 20.
- Get out your equipment and check it. Scrimmages are in two weeks! You want to look good out there. And don’t forget to start some running and a fitness routine of some sort. Fatigue makes us look bad, and an overweight official is at a disadvantage right off the bat when the coach sees you before the game.
- As of August 1, 2008, the GSA has increased the mileage reimbursement rate to 58.5 cents/mile. This information may prove useful to our members who deduct mileage as part of their tax returns.
- Need to make up the mechanics exam? See Coover in room 303.
Food For Thought:
- What is a loose ball play? (Pages 38-39) If you know these, then you know what a running play is……everything else!!!
- Is a loose ball (fumble beyond the line of scrimmage) a loose ball play? Don’t confuse the two.
- Second and nine on team A’s 40 yardline. A1 fumbles at his 35 yardline. While the ball is loose, A5 is flagged for a personal foul at team A’s 45 yardline. A2 recovers the fumble at his 33 yardline and advances to his 41 yardline. The penalty is accepted. What is the enforcement spot. What is the result of the enforcement? Status of the clock?
- Selected plays from the Case book for fun:
- 3.1 pages 10 and 11 – Loose ball play or running play?
- 3.3 page 11 – Where is the end of the run?