SAN DIEGO COUNTY FOOTBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION, INC.
A Federal Non Profit Tax Exempt Corporation
The Weekly Bull – 9/14/05
- Food For Thought
- Mechanics Presentations
Attendance/Announcements/Food For Thought: 7:00 – 7:35
Session II: 7:45 – 8:30
Referee – Ed Zapolski
Umpire – Ali Shetula & Dave Fleishman
Head linesman – Will Harvey
Line Judge – Tom Gay & Mike Parga
Back judge – Jeff Phillips
- Adjourn 8:30
- On November 22, 2005, the Chargers are holding their 27thblood drive at the Town & Country Convention Center. The SDCFOA will have a recruiting booth at the event and will also attempt to receive airtime during the radio and television broadcasts throughout the day. We would like to have as many officials as possible donate blood. A large number of participants will be a great talking point for our association as a show of support. Please send an email to Sean Ciemiewicz if you plan to donate blood. You will also receive a flyer that will provide information on how you can participate.
- From the Executive Secretary to the membership - any certified official not wanting to appear on the election ballot should let Nathan Weiss know.
- Anyone interested in applying for the four paid positions must do it in writing or by e-mail to Nathan no later than October 15.
- Anyone who needs to be excused from the attendance or test requirement must make a written application to the board via the Executive Secretary or to the Instructional Chairman no later than the February board meeting.
- Reminders to ALL - Support the FUND …..
- Oil Change coupons available $25 each good for 3 oil changes which include filter. Jake has the coupons for sale. $15 goes to support our Charity Fund.
- Golf Tournament is November 16th; cost is $100, need your foursomes and checks ASAP. Space is limited.
- GAME CHECK Weekend is October 7 and 8, 2005. Remember every $ stays with the FUND.
Please support the San Diego Youth Football Fund since the SDCFOA is the primary benefactor.
Ask questions see or email Jake Minger
Food For Thought:
- What are our flank officials saying to wide receivers? What is the confirmation that the receiver is OK?
- How do we handle a bad announcer. Use the head coach of the home team!
- FYI – Be alert for hard shifts on 3rd/4th down and short. Also, who has the QB head-bob?
- Ejections – reminder - be slow to eject, process with your referee before you announce your decision, referees talk with your flanks or your umpire to slow yourself down. Don’t be emotional and remember the 15 yard penalty, by itself, is a big one! Report all ejections (Freshman, JV or Varsity) to Jim Sibbet by phone or email by Monday morning. Please provide the schools, level of the game, number of the ejected, and reason for ejection. Thanks!!
- Continue to officiate the entire play, even if you have a foul and need to get the number. This can be very difficult. Example: DPI during the pass, you throw flag and look for the number. At that time the ball comes down and there is a close catch/simultaneous catch/incompletion.