a. No defensive player, in an attempt to gain an advantage, may step, jump or stand on an opponent.
b. It is a foul if a defensive player moves forward and tries to block a kick or apparent kick on a field goal or try by leaving their feet and leaping into the plane directly above the frame of the body of an opponent.
It is not a foul if the player was aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped.
c. It is a foul if a defensive player who is inside the tackle box tries to block a punt or an apparent punt by leaving their feet and leaping into the plane directly above the frame of the body of an opponent.
1. It is not a foul if the player tries to block the punt by jumping straight up without attempting to leap over the opponent.
2. It is not a foul if a player leaps through or over the gap between players.
d. No defensive player, in an attempt to block, bat or catch a kick or apparent kick, may:
1. Step, jump or stand on a teammate.
2. Place a hand(s) on a teammate to get leverage for additional height.
3. Be picked up by a teammate, or be elevated, propelled or pushed.
PENALTY [a-d]—15 yards, previous spot and automatic first down. [S38]
e. No player may position themselves with their feet on the back or shoulders of a teammate before the snap.
PENALTY—Dead-ball foul. 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for fouls by Team B if not in conflict with other rules [S27].