SAN DIEGO COUNTY FOOTBALL OFFICIALS ASSOCIATION, INC.
A Federal Non Profit Tax Exempt Corporation The Weekly Bull - 10/30/02
- Attendance & CAVs
- Final Board Elections / Assignments
- Member Status — Meetings and Tests
- Food For Thought
- 25 Yard line Overtime Procedure
- Review / Questions 7-Man Mechanics
- Adjourn 8:30
- All Exams & Attendance "Make-Ups" — Wednesday November 13 at 6:30 p.m. Room E10
- November 20th Banquet Reminder — Tonight's the last chance to pay unless you're planning on mailing in your $30 to Robin. It goes up at the door!!
- Ratings Forms —Be ready to turn your completed form into Mr. Inskeep at the banquet! Remember, crew chiefs, you are responsible for getting your crew to complete their forms and turn them in! The penalty for the official not completing the form is no playoff games next year! Don't let this happen to anyone!!!!
- Next year's officers = Mike Allen President — Jim Sibbet Assignment Secretary — Nathan Weiss Executive Secretary — Bob Smith Treasurer — Steve Coover Instructional Chair.
- Results of tonight's board election will be announced at the banquet.
- Tonight crew chiefs will be given patches to distribute to officials eligible to work playoff games. These patches are to be worn on the left sleeve of the shirt, centered on outside of arm, top edge of patch is 4 inches from the shoulder seam. These are to honor of George Schutte and his leadership of the SDCFOA.
- If you've moved or you have changed phone numbers, you must inform Nathan Weiss our secretary in writing or by email. This is the only way you will get next year's packet. If you move, you better call him as your packet will be sent to the old address. This happened to several last year!
- Get your dues paid on time... don't expect a call or reminder from the secretary next year. You won't be drafted if you haven't paid by the draft! No exceptions! No kidding!
- Those of you waiting for payment for San Pasqual Academy games, the San Diego County board has taken action to pay officials. You should all be getting payment within two weeks. Next year the plan is to have checks cut at the beginning of the season for these games. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Food For Thought:
- l) Free kicks —
- Grounded but not 10 yards — touched by K — recovered/advanced by WR (start clock?)
- Grounded but not 10 yards — touched by R — recovered/advanced by KIR (start clock?)
- Grounded and +10 yards — touched by K — recovered/advanced by WR (start clock?)
- Grounded and +10 yards — touched by R — recovered/advanced by K/R (start clock?)
- In-flight but not 10 yards — touched by K — recovered/advanced by K/R (start clock?)
- f) In-flight but not 10 yards — touched by R — recovered/advanced by KJR (start clock?)
- g) In-flight and +10 yards — touched by K — recovered/advanced by K/R (start clock?)
- h) In-flight and +10 yards — touched by R — recovered/advanced by K/R (start clock?)
2) What if there is a signal for a fair catch by an R player? (Penalty options if there is fair catch interference?) Awarded fair catch — Result of the Play — Previous spot & 15 yard penalty
3) Try from the 3. QB face masked by defense at 9 and QB is sacked at 16. Enforcement spot?
4) Holder rises up off his knee to get his muff of the snap that is on the ground nearby. He then returns to the ground to place the ball down for the kick. Ruling?
5) Holder rises to catch a high snap. He then places knee down for kick but then rises to advance, hand, kick or pass the ball. Ruling?
6) Holder catches snap and, with knee still on ground, pitches ball back to kicker to advance, hand, kick or pass the ball. Ruling?
7) Scrimmage kick. Snap goes over head of kicker. Kicker then get to ball and is in position to kick ball from the ground towards R's goal. Illegal kick. Enforcement spot?
8) Scrimmage kick. Kick goes straight up. Lands in K backfield and is casually picked up by K player. Both teams begin to leave field and substitutes begin to enter field. Ruling?
9) How are we handling un-fucked jerseys? Knees exposed due to short pants? Towels?
10) How do we handle reports of fouls from the coaches (Watch #10 he holds every play)?
11) How are the sidelines/coaches in the box?